Day #8: Streaming Games, Finishing Servers and Building AIs

 Another day at Proctor. Woke at 8:30 today but officially decided to clock in at 9am. I didn't go to the ITS Office although I'm sure that they missed me this morning. Decided to do some coding today, creating some easy to run internal commands that would make it easier for my successors to run the server. Went through some of the form responses and had a lot of great insights. One of them was a kind note from the last maintainer of the server who had problems with accessing the server remotely. This made me think and though I use a headless server environment (no desktop, I use a pure server OS to save overhead), it did get me thinking on who the next server administrator should be. I decided that I would teach and let Linden Morgan run the server when I leave. 


On another note, I've decided to add a fourth objective to my Senior Project which is building an AI assistant for Proctor Academy. Utilizing vector search databases and Amazon Web Services, I've been able to get a base going. I've trained it (with permission on several public Proctor webpages). 

(A rough screenshot of the output it generates. Still looking to add more data)


Overall, making good progress on my project!



Today Hours Today:

8:00am-11:50am - 3 hours 50 minutes

12:10pm-4:30pm - 4 hours 20 minutes 

 Total Time: 8 hours 10 minutes


Total Time Accrued: 59/75 (59 hours 0 Minutes)

Comments

Popular Posts