Weekly Reflection #1

 Reflecting on this past week working with James and Seth at the ITS Office, it's been both an exciting and challenging experience. My week started with me getting hands-on with some old servers. The task wasn't much, but it was educational. Testing these machines, understanding how they worked, and writing reports about them offered a fascinating peek into old technology. Alongside this, I also got involved with theater tech, setting up livestreams and handling sound engineering.

As the week progressed, I took on a major project - setting up a Minecraft server for the AP Computer Science class taught by Spencer Corkran. I faced several obstacles, primarily with the server installation and Java version. But with a bit of research and troubleshooting, I managed to overcome these problems and get the server running.

The week culminated with Earth Day, where I found myself in an educator's position. I led a presentation along with James and Ebby on recycling old tech equipment, emphasizing its environmental impact. It was a different, but rewarding experience, reinforcing the need for eco-consciousness in our tech-driven world. Overall, this week has been a blend of technical tasks and valuable learning experiences. I'm excited to see where my senior project brings me next!


Total hours for Week #1: 32 hours 45 minutes / 75 hours

Comments

Popular Posts